Monday, June 4, 2007

About This Blog

There is a misnomer about what are golf club components. The components themselves consist of club heads, shafts, and grips. The club head is the most misunderstood of all components, since most people think the component industry consists of mostly clone makers. This is completely untrue. Companies like Golfsmith, Golfworks, Bang, Alpha, SMT just to name a few spend lots of money on R&D to come up with very unique and innovative designs. These designs are definitely not clones.

While these companies are much smaller than the pro-line makers, that does not mean these companies do not build components just as good, and sometimes even better than their pro-line counterparts.

There isn't much information on the web about what's happening in the component world, and more specifically information about new designs, reviews, etc... I plan to change that with this blog.

I've been building custom clubs for about 5 years now. In the grand scheme of the component world, I am considered a newbie. But I've been playing golf for over 20 years, have had a handicap as low as 11 and and high as 20+ (my current handicap). I spend a lot of time exploring the various club makers websites and in some cases catalogs. And I have become very familiar with each of their offerings. I hope people will find this information informative.

No comments: