Monday, July 2, 2007

Titleist Pro V1 vs. Pinnacle Gold Long Drive vs. Top Flight D2

I'm not someone who feels the need to spend $45+ on golf balls. I tend to loose about 2-4 balls per round, so spending $3.75 per ball really seems expensive. That being said, I do like to play with new golf balls. I tend to buy whatever is on sale, but I like my golf balls to be white and have good feel around the greens. Pro V1's are considered the defacto standard of golf balls. At $45+ per dozen, that's pretty expensive to me and I was wondering, would I really notice the difference in how I played and especially my score.

So, I've decided to do a little test. I'm going to buy one box each of Pro V1's, Pinnacle Gold Long Drive, and Top Flight D2 Feel balls and play 3-4 rounds with each brand. I'll post my results at a later date.

Here is a cost break down of each;

Pro V1 - $45.00 per dozen, $3.75 per ball
Pinnacle Gold Long Drive - $15.00 per 15 pack, $1 per ball
Top Flight D2 Feel - $16.00 per 15 pack, $1.06 per ball

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

would love to see any comment or results on this topic.